One day, his family dog had to undergo an emergency surgery. To pay for it, Xiang broke his fixed deposit and lost all his interest..
He became determined to find an alternative savings solution that offers both liquidity and returns , so Malaysians won’t have to give up hard-earned interest in times of emergency.
With the help of his long-time friends, Nelson and Richmond, the trio created created Versa together. It wasn’t easy as wealth solutions were traditionally only accessible to the rich and corporations.
Versa soon partners with reputable fund manager, AHAM Capital to realise Xiang’s vision.
With Versa, Malaysians can now save and invest easily with expert fund managers, a reality that was once impossible, now available to all Malaysians.
Today Versa is regulated by the Securities Commission of Malaysia, hence Malaysians will never have to go through what Xiang experienced again.
Meet Our Founders
Teoh Wei Xiang
Founder & CEO
Xiang has 10+ years of experience in entrepreneurship and previously co-founded a leading digital marketing firm C27 with major corporate clients. He also co-founded TH Capital which invested into a portfolio of high potential startups.
Co-founder & COO
As the Chief Operating Officer, Richmond leads the strategic planning and implementation of all operational activities. Richmond was a Senior Manager in EY’s Consulting Practice, where he has led large scale, strategic and operational transformation projects for over 8 years.
Co-founder & CTO
As the CTO, Nelson leads all technological advancement of Versa’s digital capabilities to offer the best platform possible for all users. He has over 10 years of experience in the software development across banking, investments and remittance industries.
Board of Directors
Dato’ Noorazman Abd Aziz
Chairman of Versa
Dato’ Noorazman has over 38 years of experience in banking and the financial markets. He has held several key positions in banking and investment company in the past decades. He is currently on the Board of Hong Leong Financial Group Berhad, UEM Edgenta Berhad and PLUS Malaysia Berhad. He is also a Member of the Investment Panel of Kumpulan Wang Amanah Pekerja (KWAP).
- CEO of BIMB Holdings Berhad
- CEO of Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad
- COO of Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange Berhad
- Managing Director of Citibank
- Executive Director in Khazanah National Berhad
- Receiver of the first Asian Banker Achievement Award for Islamic Finance in 2005.
Chan Chee Beng
Non-Independent Non-Executive Director
Chan Chee Beng has more than 42 years of experience in general and financial management, investment banking and accounting including stints with Ernst & Young and Morgan Grenfell & Co. Ltd. He was appointed as a Non-Executive Director on 5 June 2008. Chan Chee Beng is subsequently the Head of Corporate Finance for Usaha Tegas Sdn Bhd (“UTSB”) Group.
- Head of Corporate Finance for Usaha Tegas
- Non-Executive Director of Maxis
- Non-Executive Director of Bumi Armada
- Non-Executive Director of Sri Lanka Telecom PLC
- Non-Executive Director of Mobitel Limited
- Former Non-Executive Director of Usaha Tegas
- Over 42 years of experience in financial management and investment banking
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW)